Children in Need
Children in Need 2023
So - our 2023 fund raiser has been and gone - and we are so so grateful to all the clubs and club members that played and supported the event so generously. The results are now final and the Master point files sent off to the Home Unions to be allocated to players' accounts.
Thus far the amount raised (or pledged) is £59,463.25 .. we are no longer going to list these donations on the website as there is a severe risk of double counting as we try and do it and we don't want to mislead you about the total we will be sending to the BBC. We are sure the total will rise as more funds come through.
Special Information for this event
- Email Anna if you want the dealing files - just state which date you need them for please. There will be files for all eventualities - LIN, PBN, DLM .. and the all important README ! If you need travellers, please let me know as the only files sent otherwise are the ones for the dealing machines. I can also send you the spade holding on Board 1 as a double check if you want.
- Download a poster to put up in your club if you are playing face-to-face
- Important bits to note (yes - really important ! - Things like how to run a heat, how to upload the files, how to send the results and things like that!)
- Sending in the donations - either as a club or as individuals - and please consider donating even if you can't actually play in one of the heats; we would love to be able to send off a lovely big cheque at the end despite everything !
- How to send the results using ScoreBridge or Pairs Scorer if you are playing face to face
- To send the results file if you are playing online is easy ... we just need the XML file that you would normally send to the EBU - send it to them as well of course, but you DO NOT need to pay P2P fees for this event - the EBU very generously waives that for Children in Need and we are very grateful to them. The XML should be sent to email@example.com - don't attach anything else and be sure that the subject line cotnains ONLY the session number and the coutnry you are in. Details will be sent out to the participating clubs as well of course.
- If you are an affiliated English Club please remember to send your results to the EBU as well as to us i And - thank you so so much EBU - please mark them exempt for UMS as the EBU don't make a charge of this event, for which we are truly grateful.
- General Regulations
A bit about us :
tel: 01787 881920; or Email Anna
So please ... please join us again (or come and join us if you haven't done so in the past). We love running and and hope you enjoy playing in it!
We are pleased to announce that again this year we are an official partner of the BBC Children in Need because of all the money raised in the past! Thanks to all the bridge players for their support!
Do join us - please ! We would love to have your company. It is easy to run a heat and we would love to beat last year's total. Click the links below to find out how to enter and what is involved - or if you can't play, you can still donate to this great charity.
The ECatsBridge for Children in Need Pairs 2022 was held in November as normal. The grand total sent to BBC Children in Need was £60,678.43 ! Really thrilled with that and the generosity and support of all those who participated - the players of course but also the committee members who organise it (it wouldn't happen without you running the heats). Thank you all so so much. And thanks also to the EBU who waived their UMS fee and their licence fee for the master points.
To think when we started this we were hoping that we might (with luck) raise about £5,000 ... unreal! Just how high does it get !
So do join us ... please ... and help us raise lots and lots of lovely money for Children in Need as we have done in the past years:
£36,712.98 in 2002
£41,497.23 in 2003
£45,668.89 in 2004
£50,957.12 in 2005
£53,567.35 in 2006
£55,349.29 in 2007
£56,226.72 in 2008
£58,889.37 in 2009
£65,307.40 in 2010
£69,138.39 in 2011
£66,874.56 in 2012
£69,717.44 in 2013
£70,104.66 in 2014
£71,347.32 in 2015
£70,590.77 in 2016
£74,173.35 in 2017
£75,258.46 in 2018
£75,954.30 in 2019
£59,045.70 in 2020 (COVID year)
£50,220.95 in 2021
£60,678.43 in 2022
Which means, my friends that you have raised an incredible total of ... wait for it ...
UNBELIEVABLE ! The generosity of bridge players knows no bounds - thank you. Thank you all.